Derek Glynn, Geraldine O Neill, Kathleen Ward, Mary Scully, Barbara Guilfoyle, Sean Dowling, Sarah Mortimer, Lillian Moore & Henry Hilliard.
Their meaning within the school
- The Parent Association works with the principal, staff and the board of management to build effective partnership of home and school.
- Educational research on the involvement of parents in schools shows that children achieve higher levels when parents and teachers work together.
- The Parent Association can be consult with the principal and the Board of Management on policy issues and incidents that may require a review of school policy, e.g. Bullying, Safety, Homework, Enrolment, Behaviour problems etc.
- Parent Association can suggest and/or organise extra-curricular activities.
- The Parent Association is a support for parents in the school.
- The Parent Association can invite speakers to address the parents on issues which are topical or relevant.
- The Parent Association is not a forum for complaint against either an individual teacher or parent. (The Complaints Procedure is the mechanism for this.)
- The Parent Association can organise fundraisers to raise much needed funds for the school. To help towards the cost of extra activities for the students and facilities within the school.